Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to start ranger and infrasolr with same error : 'kerberos-env' was not found in configurations dictionary

Explorer

After restarting all the services trough ambari, only two services don't start and are facing the same error : 

ranger and infrasolr

/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/config_dictionary.py", line 73, in __getattr__
    raise Fail("Configuration parameter '" + self.name + "' was not found in configurations dictionary!")
resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Configuration parameter 'kerberos-env' was not found in configurations dictionary!

Any idea ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hello @dch44 

Hope you are doing well. We believe your Team have moved past the above Error via Cloudera Support engagement. As such, We would request your team to Update the Post accordingly to ensure fellow Community Users encountering the concerned issue are aware of the remediation steps. 

Regards, Smarak

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Super Collaborator

Hello @dch44 

Thanks for engaging Cloudera Community. Based on the Post, Ranger & Infra-Solr aren't starting with [1].

This Error requires manual intervention into Ambari DB "clusterconfigmapping" Table to adjust the values of "type_name" ("kerberos-env" & "krb5-conf") to set "selected" Column as 1 for the latest "version_tag" in the concerned "clusterconfigmapping" Table. Considering the changes to Ambari DB should be performed with extreme caution, We would recommend engaging Cloudera Support to assist on this issue. 

Regards, Smarak

[1] 

/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/config_dictionary.py", line 73, in __getattr__
    raise Fail("Configuration parameter '" + self.name + "' was not found in configurations dictionary!")
resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Configuration parameter 'kerberos-env' was not found in configurations dictionary!

Explorer

I finally engaged Cloudera support.

After checking the security value with the following command :

/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/configs.py -l <ambari host fqdn> -t <port> -u admin -p <password> -n <cluster_name> -a get -c cluster-env | grep -i security_enabled,

I was asked to disable the security_enabled :

/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/configs.py -l <ambari host fqdn> -t <port> -u admin -p <password> -n <cluster_name> -a set -c cluster-env -k security_enabled -v false

Then i was able to start ranger again

Still have problem with infa_solr. I will engage support for that

Super Collaborator

Hello @dch44 

Hope you are doing well. We believe your Team have moved past the above Error via Cloudera Support engagement. As such, We would request your team to Update the Post accordingly to ensure fellow Community Users encountering the concerned issue are aware of the remediation steps. 

Regards, Smarak