Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Yarn container size

Rising Star

let me know the command to check the container size using terminal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

yarn application -status {Application ID} command returns "Aggregate Resource Allocation" in terms of "MB-seconds" and "vcore-seconds" For e.g. -status for one of my applications returned: Aggregate Resource Allocation : 12865641 MB-seconds, 1041 vcore-seconds

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

yarn application -status {Application ID} command returns "Aggregate Resource Allocation" in terms of "MB-seconds" and "vcore-seconds" For e.g. -status for one of my applications returned: Aggregate Resource Allocation : 12865641 MB-seconds, 1041 vcore-seconds

Expert Contributor

@ANSARI FAHEEM AHMED

Are you referring to Hive/Tez job container sizes ? If yes, you can go to hive CLI and try

set hive.tez.container.size;

or if it a mapreduce job , you can try the same set command for mapreduce mapper or reducer mb.memory properties.

if it is a generic YARN container size for any particular YARN application, then the containers are JVM processes, you can use yarn application commands to get the application attempt id and using the application attempt id, you can list the containers running for that APP. Doing a ps aux | grep <container pid> should give you enough details about the container size.