Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

ambari-server sync-ldap: Exiting with exit code 1

Expert Contributor

Hello,

I have created Hortonworks Data cloud cluster on AWS, with one master node and one worker node. on master node I have configured the openLDAP server. Now, I am trying to sync openLDAP users with Ambari.

To sync the openLDAP user with Ambari execute the following command:

ambari-server sync-ldap --users users.txt

user.txt contains the name of the user to sync, seprated by comma.

After executing above command it prompts for ambari login. after I enter credential for ambari server it throws following error:

ERROR: Exiting with exit code 1. REASON: Caught exception running LDAP sync. [LDAP: error code 49 - Invalid Credentials]; nested exception is javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - Invalid Credentials]

How can I resolve this error ?

Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor
@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

while configuring ambari by running ambari-server setup-ldap, set the value of Bind anonymously* = true. Now, I can see all the LDAP users in Ambari.

Thank You.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Expert Contributor

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

I have already configured ambari ldap setup according to the value I got from ldapsearch. but still i am facing the same issue.

72706-ldap1.png

Master Mentor

@heta desai

Can you paste the error here and also the ambari error

Expert Contributor

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

ERROR: Exiting with exit code 1. REASON: Caught exception running LDAP sync. [LDAP: error code 49 - Invalid Credentials]; nested exception is javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - Invalid Credentials]

Expert Contributor
@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

while configuring ambari by running ambari-server setup-ldap, set the value of Bind anonymously* = true. Now, I can see all the LDAP users in Ambari.

Thank You.