Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

extract regex from record field in UpdateRecord

New Contributor

I need to split out a URL value in a record into different parts in an UpdateRecord processor.
Given there is no URL parsing function in EL, I was hoping to use a regex to extract matching groups into new record paths.

As there are many records in a flowfile, ExtractText into attributes won't work, can anyone think of a good way to preform regex group extracts in a record processor, or am I just missing something?

1 REPLY 1

Super Guru

@scotth1 You should be able to use QueryRecord processor with some advanced sql to extract what you need from any values in the underlying data result.

Here is a great article about QueryRecord:

https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Community-Articles/Running-SQL-on-FlowFiles-using-QueryRecord-Proc...

If this answer resolves your issue or allows you to move forward, please choose to ACCEPT this solution and close this topic. If you have further dialogue on this topic please comment here or feel free to private message me. If you have new questions related to your Use Case please create separate topic and feel free to tag me in your post.  

Thanks,

Steven @ DFHZ