Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

how can get the content of Json record and value of attributes

Explorer

Hi All,

we try to fetch the results from database according to the content of cvs file.after converting the csv to json format by SpileRecord  then we try to  get the content of Json record  by  EvaluateJsonPath  then we  try to get value of attribute by  UpdateAttribute  but the  FF_Content attribute into inEvaluateJsonPath not recognized . 

listFile->FetchFiles->SpileRecord->EvaluateJsonPath ->UpdateAttribute ->ExecuteSQLUntitled picture3.png

Untitled picture1.png

Untitled picture4.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ALWOSABY, in EvaluateJsonPath, you set EvaluateJsonPath to write the information in the content of the flow file, and not in the attributes. In your next processor, you are using the FF_CONTENT as an attribute and it does not exist ... hence your flow not working as expected. 

Do you require the content of the JSON or do you need to generate some new attributes based on the content of the flow file?

If you require the content as well, I would suggest to add a new EvaluateJsonPath after your first one and modify to write the information as attributes and generate your desired attributes. 

If you only require some new attributes, modify the logic in your first EvaluateJsonPath to write the data as attributes and generate your desired attributes, using the Record Path for JSON. 

Have a look at your first EvaluateJsonPath and make sure that the data is extracted correctly, because it first glance, I am not quite certain it works properly. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Community Manager

@ALWOSABY, Welcome to our community! To help you get the best possible answer, I have tagged our NiFi experts @SAMSAL  @cotopaul @MattWho  who may be able to assist you further.

Please feel free to provide any additional information or details about your query, and we hope that you will find a satisfactory solution to your question.

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Super Guru

Hi @ALWOSABY ,

What is the value of the FF_Content? is it the entire JSON record ? if so - as it appears from the specified path - Why not use the EvaluateJsonPath to get whatever values that are  needed and store as attributes by setting the Destination property to flowfile-attribute.

See the following post to learn more: https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Support-Questions/How-to-handle-json-using-EvaluateJsonPath-proces...

If that helps please accept solution.

Thanks

@ALWOSABY, in EvaluateJsonPath, you set EvaluateJsonPath to write the information in the content of the flow file, and not in the attributes. In your next processor, you are using the FF_CONTENT as an attribute and it does not exist ... hence your flow not working as expected. 

Do you require the content of the JSON or do you need to generate some new attributes based on the content of the flow file?

If you require the content as well, I would suggest to add a new EvaluateJsonPath after your first one and modify to write the information as attributes and generate your desired attributes. 

If you only require some new attributes, modify the logic in your first EvaluateJsonPath to write the data as attributes and generate your desired attributes, using the Record Path for JSON. 

Have a look at your first EvaluateJsonPath and make sure that the data is extracted correctly, because it first glance, I am not quite certain it works properly.