Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

nifi-replace file headers using replacetext processor

New Contributor

i got a bunch of files with differert headers 

for files of one type,their may be two kinds of headers,i.e. the following two type(call it type1 and type 2) of files's headers

type1: a,b,c34,d     or     a,b,c,d

type2: d,e,f,kgg      or     d,e,f,g

notice that the third field names of type1 are c or c34,the forth field names of type2 are kgg or g,the field name c34 and kgg are wrong, and need to be changed to c and g

i want to change the headers only(that is, the first line) using  kv pairs, key is the string to be replaced and value is the  replacement value ,such as 

{"c34":"c"

"kgg":"g"

"hqq":"h"

}

i want to do this using  replacetext but the processor replacetext could only set one search and  replacement value,that's the problem!!

any ideas would be welcome

kami_0-1665557020574.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Perhaps JoltTransformRecord could help you.

The jolt transformation "shift" let's you rename fields - in a csv file's case, headers.

If you know all your replaces ahead of time, you could define a transformation like:

{

operation: shift

spec: {

"kgg":"g",

"c34":"c",

"*":"&"

}

}

Note the last shift, "*":"&" ,  which would transfer over the rest of the headers you didn't specifically rename. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Expert Contributor

Perhaps JoltTransformRecord could help you.

The jolt transformation "shift" let's you rename fields - in a csv file's case, headers.

If you know all your replaces ahead of time, you could define a transformation like:

{

operation: shift

spec: {

"kgg":"g",

"c34":"c",

"*":"&"

}

}

Note the last shift, "*":"&" ,  which would transfer over the rest of the headers you didn't specifically rename. 

New Contributor

thanks ! that's a good idea
i'll have a try

New Contributor

thanks ,Green!

your idea helped me solve the problem