Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Apache nifi registry in windows 10

Explorer

Hi All:

I'm new to Apache NiFi. I am able to download and have the apache nifi working perfectly but when it comes to apache NiFi registry, I am getting an error preventing me to start the registry.

I ran the batch file after adjusting the port for NiFi registry.

run-nifi-registry.bat

it gave me an error. I'm guessing some classpath setup issue... not sure

C:\Apache nifi-1.12.1\nifi-registry-0.8.0\bin>run-nifi-registry.bat
cmd.exe /C "C:\Program Files\AdoptOpenJDK\jdk-8.0.242.08-hotspot\bin\java.exe" -cp C:\Apache nifi-1.12.1\nifi-registry-0.8.0\bin\..\conf;C:\Apache nifi-1.12.1\nifi-registry-0.8.0\bin\..\lib\*;C:\Apache nifi-1.12.1\nifi-registry-0.8.0\bin\..\lib\shared\*;C:\Apache nifi-1.12.1\nifi-registry-0.8.0\bin\..\lib\bootstrap\* -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -Dorg.apache.nifi.registry.bootstrap.config.file=C:\Apache nifi-1.12.1\nifi-registry-0.8.0\bin\..\conf\bootstrap.conf org.apache.nifi.registry.NiFiRegistry run
Error: Could not find or load main class nifi-1.12.1\nifi-registry-0.8.0\bin\..\conf;C:\Apache

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Mentor

@ubet 

You can run NiFi-Registry on Windows.
The exception you are see is related to being unable to load a class that is included with NiFi-Registry.

Maybe your download is no good.  Did you try downloading the NiFi-Registry package again?
Make sure you purge the work directory that was created by NiFi-Registry when the service attempted to start.  Make sure you did not run out of disk space.

You'll also want the product installation directory path and the directory path for the java JDK being used to NOT have spaces in the directory names. 

Use "Apache-nifi-1.12.1" instead of "Apache nifi-1.12.1".
Reinstall your JDK outside of "Program Files".

The above changes and checks should get you up and running successfully.

If you found this addressed yoru query, please take a moment to login and click "Accept" on this solution.
Thank you,
Matt

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

New Contributor

A note: official nifi registry site do not list window as supported OS

https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-registry-docs/index.html

Super Mentor

@ubet 

You can run NiFi-Registry on Windows.
The exception you are see is related to being unable to load a class that is included with NiFi-Registry.

Maybe your download is no good.  Did you try downloading the NiFi-Registry package again?
Make sure you purge the work directory that was created by NiFi-Registry when the service attempted to start.  Make sure you did not run out of disk space.

You'll also want the product installation directory path and the directory path for the java JDK being used to NOT have spaces in the directory names. 

Use "Apache-nifi-1.12.1" instead of "Apache nifi-1.12.1".
Reinstall your JDK outside of "Program Files".

The above changes and checks should get you up and running successfully.

If you found this addressed yoru query, please take a moment to login and click "Accept" on this solution.
Thank you,
Matt

Community Manager

@ubet has your issue been resolved? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future. 

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 1.54.47 PM.png

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

@ubetThe path to java.exe cannot have a blank space.