Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudbreak edge node hostgroup not visible

Explorer

I have HDP cluster created on Azure cloud.

which have 7 hostgroup created while creating blueprint of the cluster

4 master hostgroup, 1 spark host group, 1 mapreduce hostgroup and 1 edge node hostgroup

Issue : I want to add new edge node in the cluster

When i am login into cloudbreak and click on resize, it doesnt show the edgenode hostgroup, rest all other hostgroups are visible for resize.

Can someone help me, how to add edgenode from cloudbreak

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Hi @JJ,

What you attached is the cluster creation json, not the blueprint. If you click the blueprint name in the "Cluster information" part of the UI, it will navigate you to it.

Anyway, from your attached json it seems to me that your edge hostgroup called "cot-edge01-env01-hosts" is GATEWAY type, so it's not possible to scale it up. Have you selected this hostgroup to have tha Ambari server? To fix this you have to recreate your cluster and select another group to have your Ambari server.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Expert Contributor

Hi @JJ,

On the UI we do not enable the resize button for hostgroup which type is GATEWAY or GATEWAY_PRIMARY. You can check this under the actions -> Show CLI command and look at the instanceGroups part of the json.

When you try to scale we check several things, and it includes the Cardinality in the Blueprint. So if you would like to scale edge hostgroup it should have 1+ cardinality. We also check the services cardinality based on this:

https://github.com/hortonworks/cloudbreak/blob/rc-2.7/blueprint-manager/src/main/resources/hdp/hdp-s...

For further investigation we would need your blueprint so we could test your scenario.

Explorer

@mmolnar

I have attach the json file clusterblueprint.json , kindly review the same

also can you let me know the other way to add the edge node from cloudbreak or manual way if any ?

Expert Contributor

Hi @JJ,

What you attached is the cluster creation json, not the blueprint. If you click the blueprint name in the "Cluster information" part of the UI, it will navigate you to it.

Anyway, from your attached json it seems to me that your edge hostgroup called "cot-edge01-env01-hosts" is GATEWAY type, so it's not possible to scale it up. Have you selected this hostgroup to have tha Ambari server? To fix this you have to recreate your cluster and select another group to have your Ambari server.

Explorer

Hi @mmolnar,

to your question "Have you selected this hostgroup to have tha Ambari server?" yes it host ambari server as well.

How about manual addition of edge node from azure and then sync the cloudbreak with ambari ?

Expert Contributor

Hi @JJ,

If you do that, then Cloudbreak won't know about that node. Maybe it will work, but it's not supported. In my opinion the best way to fix this is to recreate the cluster with the correct setup.

Explorer

Thanks for your inputs and answer 🙂 Appreciate