Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Connection refuse for Service Monitor,Host Monitor

Contributor

Hi

my cluster was running fine ,but after i enable the graphic model in AWS RedHat i am not able to start management service. i got below error .

i checked Selinux and iptables all disabled and the firewall also disabled . Any idea what can cause this issue ?

i think mostly is step 2 but not sure which step.

AWS suggest step to enable graphic model:

1. install graphic model

2. setup XRDP

1. Add the xrdp repository: sudo rpm -Uvh http://li.nux.ro/download/nux/dextop/el7/x86_64/nux-dextop-release-0-1.el7.nux.noarch.rpm

2. Install xrdp and tiger VNC server: sudo yum install -y xrdp tigervnc-server

3. 3. Setup SELINUX security: chcon --type=bin_t /usr/sbin/xrdp && chcon --type=bin_t /usr/sbin/xrdp-sesman

4. Start and enable the xrdp service: sudo systemctl start xrdp && sudo systemctl enable xrdp

5. Enable RDP port on the instance: sudo firewall-cmd --permanent --add-port=3389/tcp && sudo firewall-cmd --reload  (I already disable  the firewall so i am able to login CM 7180)

6. Set a password for ec2-user . This password will be used to connect to the RDP session: sudo passwd ec2-user

7. Set password for root as you will be prompted for cloud user password for network proxy and color. Login as root and set the password: sudo su && passwd

2016-11-30 01:48:38,781 WARN 1137398285@scm-web-11:com.cloudera.server.web.cmf.EventsController: Exception querying events
org.apache.avro.AvroRemoteException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
	at org.apache.avro.ipc.specific.SpecificRequestor.invoke(SpecificRequestor.java:88)
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy108.queryEvents(Unknown Source)
	at com.cloudera.cmf.event.query.AvroEventStoreQueryProxy.doQuery(AvroEventStoreQueryProxy.java:160)
	at com.cloudera.server.web.cmf.events.EventDao.findEvents(EventDao.java:361)
	at com.cloudera.server.web.cmf.EventsController.query(EventsController.java:166)

2016-11-30 01:37:20,582 WARN 1289534149@scm-web-4:com.cloudera.server.web.cmf.StatusProvider: Failed to submit task for getting status from SERVICE_MONITORING
com.cloudera.cmon.MgmtServiceNotRunningException: SERVICE_MONITORING is not running
	at com.cloudera.cmon.MgmtServiceLocator.getNozzleIPC(MgmtServiceLocator.java:145)
	at com.cloudera.server.web.cmf.StatusProvider$SubjectStatusCustomFuture.<init>(StatusProvider.java:618)
	at com.cloudera.server.web.cmf.StatusProvider.getStatus(StatusProvider.java:1043)

Caught unexpected exception in main loop.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmf-5.8.2-py2.7.egg/cmf/agent.py", line 710, in start
    self._init_after_first_heartbeat_response(resp_data)
  File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmf-5.8.2-py2.7.egg/cmf/agent.py", line 840, in _init_after_first_heartbeat_response
    self.client_configs.load()

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

I think redhat graphic model applied some configuration in my cluster . i tried install graphic package first then install CM it stucked not able to install . 

i solve the issue by create another node in the AWS and install graphic model as workspace to connnect cluster 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Contributor

Capture.PNG

i that because of iptable? but i already disable the iptable and firewall please check the picture

Contributor

Capture.PNG

i checked clouder-scm-server-db it is working fine and i can manually connect to database by using info in db.mgmt.properties file .not sure whats wrong ~

Contributor

Capture.PNGaws.png

i am trying to run the test connection from Cloudera Manger it stuck for ever.

but i can connect the same host and database from command line . i think the issue mostly is the 

cloudera embed db. but still not sure why and hot to fix 

Contributor

Capture.PNG

if i select ip-172-31-26-41.us-west-1.compute.internal. host to run test on ip-172-31-26-40.us-west-1.compute.internal . it is working fine .

but if select ip-172-31-26-40.us-west-1.compute.internal to run test on its own db the connection not able to get through. Anyone have any idea?

Contributor

I think redhat graphic model applied some configuration in my cluster . i tried install graphic package first then install CM it stucked not able to install . 

i solve the issue by create another node in the AWS and install graphic model as workspace to connnect cluster