Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

FetchGCSObject processor in NiFi fails to fetch files with space in file name

New Contributor

I am running into a problem with the NiFi fetchgcsobject processor.. It fails when trying to retrieve files with spaces in the file name... Below is a sanpshot of the error. Interestingly the listgcsbucket works fine and lists the file. fetchgcsobject is where it fails. It also works fine with files that have no spaces in the file name. This works on version 1.10. Is this a bug on 1.12.1? I tried to encode spaces with %20 .. that doesnt help either..

Failed to fetch GCS object due to Blob BlobID(bucket=test-bbbb, name=outbound/test file.pdf) not found

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

@SandeepG01    Ahh no fun with bad filenames.  Space in filename is highly not recommended in these days and times.  That said,  a solution you might try is to \  (backslash) the space.   Especially in the context of passing the filename in flowfile attributes.   If you still need to allow spaces and cannot resolve upstream (do not use spaces), i might suggest submitting your experience over on the NiFI jira as a bug:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NIFI/issues

If this answer resolves your issue or allows you to move forward, please choose to ACCEPT this solution and close this topic. If you have further dialogue on this topic please comment here or feel free to private message me. If you have new questions related to your Use Case please create separate topic and feel free to tag me in your post.

Thanks,

Steven

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Super Guru

@SandeepG01    Ahh no fun with bad filenames.  Space in filename is highly not recommended in these days and times.  That said,  a solution you might try is to \  (backslash) the space.   Especially in the context of passing the filename in flowfile attributes.   If you still need to allow spaces and cannot resolve upstream (do not use spaces), i might suggest submitting your experience over on the NiFI jira as a bug:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NIFI/issues

If this answer resolves your issue or allows you to move forward, please choose to ACCEPT this solution and close this topic. If you have further dialogue on this topic please comment here or feel free to private message me. If you have new questions related to your Use Case please create separate topic and feel free to tag me in your post.

Thanks,

Steven