Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDP Sandbox 2.4 connection refused

I have installed HDP Sandbox 2.4 on oracle Virtualbox. However, can't access the local host 127.0.0.1:8888 from the chrome browser. I am getting a connection refused error. Please, can anybody help ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The problem is resolved now. Changed the Network adapter to NAT mode from Host Only mode.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Mentor

What do you get if you browse to 127.0.0.1:8080?

"This site can’t be reached

127.0.0.1 refused to connect.

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED"

--I am getting the above error message

The problem is resolved now. Changed the Network adapter to NAT mode from Host Only mode.

New Contributor

This error can also occur if the Atlas service is turned off.

From the exception stack trace:

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)

at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.run(RunJar.java:221)

at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:136)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

at org.apache.atlas.security.SecureClientUtils$1$1.run(SecureClientUtils.java:107)

at org.apache.atlas.security.SecureClientUtils$1$1.run(SecureClientUtils.java:99)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:415)

at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1657)

at org.apache.atlas.security.SecureClientUtils$1.getHttpURLConnection(SecureClientUtils.java:99)

at com.sun.jersey.client.urlconnection.URLConnectionClientHandler._invoke(URLConnectionClientHandler.java:159)

at com.sun.jersey.client.urlconnection.URLConnectionClientHandler.handle(URLConnectionClientHandler.java:147)

... 26 more

Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)

See the link here for more information: https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/22396/ranger-dependency-on-atlas.html