Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Is it possible to Clone Interpreter in zeppelin

Is it possible to clone the zeppelin interpreter with all settings programmatically(REST?) or using UI(I did not see that as an option). I created a new one manually but wanted to check if there was a better way?. I want to have 2 or more interpreters setup pointing @ different versions of spark 1.4 and 1.5. But i can easily see this extending to other components.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

would copying and modifying the interpreter file under /incubator-zeppelin/interpreter folder helps?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Rising Star

would copying and modifying the interpreter file under /incubator-zeppelin/interpreter folder helps?

@nshawa@hortonworks.com after talking to @Ali Bajwa it is not possible to point to a different interpreter @ this point. As it is compiled to a specific version of spark. So you cant dynamically chose which spark version you want to use. I filed a JIRA for this feature: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-392

Rising Star

make perfect since, wonder if it will work with backward compatibility though,right not I ended up with different Zeppelin folders pointed at different Spark versions

Thats what I am doing now, I have sandbox 2.3.2 using out of the box ambari zeppelin pointing to 1.4 and setting up now local zeppelin to point to 1.5.1

Rising Star

This should now be solved, starting Zeppelin 0.5.5 you dont need to rebuild for different Spark/Hadoop versions...

enjoy 🙂

@Ned Shawa nice! Any insight when we would officially support Zeppelin in HDP?

After talking to @Ali Bajwa it is not possible to point to a different interpreter @ this point. As it is compiled to a specific version of spark. So you cant dynamically chose which spark version you want to use. I filed a JIRA for this feature: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-392