Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Issue with upgrading custom service via Ambari

Contributor

When I'm trying to test an (express) upgrade of a stack including my custom component I get the following error:

Last Service Check should be more recent than the last configuration change for the given service      
Reason: Unexpected server error happenedFailed on: 

As you can see, it doesn't tell me which component. Anyhow, as I'm having my own component installed with the stack I suppose it's my own.

My colleague now pointed out that it's maybe because I do not have a "Config" tab in my component. Could this be the issue?

To shortly explain what my service does: I want to be able to have 2+ RegionServers on one host, thus I just copy the configuration from the original RegionServer and just do some changes within two configuration files before the component gets started. That's why I do not need any configuration within Ambari itself.

Hopefully somebody can explain a bit about my issue. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you are sure its related to your Custom Service ,

You can skip the service checks of Ambari before upgrade by changing the configuration in ambari.properties :

cd /etc/ambari-server/conf

vi ambari.properties

check for the below configurations (add if doesnt exist):

skip.service.checks=true -- if you want to skip service checks
stack.upgrade.bypass.prechecks=true 

Restart the ambari server

Perform the steps.

It has to work fine.

Let me know if it works

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

If you are sure its related to your Custom Service ,

You can skip the service checks of Ambari before upgrade by changing the configuration in ambari.properties :

cd /etc/ambari-server/conf

vi ambari.properties

check for the below configurations (add if doesnt exist):

skip.service.checks=true -- if you want to skip service checks
stack.upgrade.bypass.prechecks=true 

Restart the ambari server

Perform the steps.

It has to work fine.

Let me know if it works

Contributor

Thanks for your answer @Akhil S Naik.

It seems that it really was the issue with the config. I now changed my service to contain a config, although it's not used, but I don't have the issue anymore.

Nevertheless, I didn't test the ambari-server configuration change, as it would have only been a workaround for me.