Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Load balancing in NiFi - Heterogenous Nodes in Cluster

New Contributor

Hello,

We have a 3 node cluster where one of the nodes is only 64 cores 128 GB RAM and other two machines are each 128 cores 128 GB RAM. I am using Round Robin load balancing in the flow as Listfile --> LB --> FetchFile, as a result of which load is getting divided (almost) uniformly among all the machines, which is expected behavior. However, the load average on smaller machine is exceeding 64 (this machine is sweating!) whereas the load average on other two machines is almost 50.

So my question is there a way in NiFi to distribute load in such a way that the load on the smaller machine can be maintained to stay less than 64, and give the other two machines some more work to do?

I tried using DistributeLoad processor, but not sure which strategy to use because Round robin would distribute load equally, next available would distribute when the next node is available. However, how do I configure DistributeLoad such that it divides load equally among two bigger machines but lesser load to the smaller machine?

I would really appreciate your suggestions. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Mentor
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login
2 REPLIES 2

Community Manager

@G_B Welcome to the Cloudera Community!

To help you get the best possible solution, I have tagged our NiFi experts @MattWho @SAMSAL  who may be able to assist you further.

Please keep us updated on your post, and we hope you find a satisfactory solution to your query.

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Super Mentor
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login