Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Metron 0.4.1 build failure - metron-config: Failed to execute goal com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:1.3:npm

Solved Go to solution

Re: Metron 0.4.1 build failure - metron-config: Failed to execute goal com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:1.3:npm

New Contributor

"Cannot find module 'tough-cookie'" is the same error you get when you are on the wrong C++ compiler version. I would check that again.

Re: Metron 0.4.1 build failure - metron-config: Failed to execute goal com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:1.3:npm

New Contributor

So after a lot of mostly random debugging i found a solution :)

even if i did everything mention so far i got failed on "metron-config" it kept asking for modules like, tough-cookie, safe-json-stringify, json-stringify-safe, stringstream, caseless ..... (although i can find the folders and files for these).

so what i did: (including above about gcc)

after this fails the first time:

mvn clean package -DskipTests -T 2C -P HDP-2.5.0.0,mpack

i did:

cd /location/metron/metron-interface/metron-config
npm install
npm install #read somewhere that doing double is the way to go
cd /location/metron/ #backto original metron location 
mvn  package -DskipTests -T 2C -P HDP-2.5.0.0,mpac

then i got success on all :)

hope this helps other people :)

New Contributor

It also worked for me! I had an error related to npm, but after doing these steps i got no error. Thanks.

Highlighted

New Contributor

I had the similar question, when I donot added the install-node-and-npm goals in the pom.xml; if i added, the question not; so i want to ask whethet i must add the install-node-and-npm in the pom.xml, whether my pc installed the node or not, thanks.