Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Setup HDP on Azure using Cloudbreak

Contributor

Hello, where I can find updated information upon how to install a small cluster in Azure? Preferably a video.

I understand that using cloudbreak looks like the most promising way.

After I have my cluster, is it possible to store the parameters and be able to launch the cluster on Azure at will, without having to spend a lot of time configuring the same things?

Or even better do you know if there is a way to launch already preconfigured clusters from a blueprint? Say for example that I have a script which automatically provides 5 or 6 VMs on Azure and then launce HDP automatically?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Cloudera Employee

Hi,

You asked multiple question, I'll try to make a list out of it and answer them in order

1. Where I can find updated information upon how to install a small cluster in Azure?
    This would consist of 2 steps. First you need to deploy your own Cloudbreak Installation. We have a tool for that called cbd.
    I would advise to follow one of our quick start guides: https://github.com/hortonworks/azure-cbd-quickstart
    The second step is once you have Cloudbreak running, you can start creating your clusters.
  2. Is it possible to store the parameters and be able to launch the cluster on Azure at will without having to spend a lot of time configuring the same things?
    You can easily reproduce an HDP cluster once you did the initial configuration. You just need to save the cluster descriptor json and feed that to one of our APIs.
  3. Do you know if there is a way to launch already preconfigured clusters from a blueprint?
    Yes, Cloudbreak comes with Default Ambari blueprints built in. These blueprint define what services should be installed on the Cluster. You can also specify custom blueprints if you are not satisfied with the built in ones.
  4. Say for example that I have a script which automatically provides 5 or 6 VMs on Azure and then launce HDP automatically?
    You don't need to fiddle with custom scripts, cloudbreak can provision machines, networks,disk, anything that is needed for a cluster.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Cloudera Employee

Hi,

You asked multiple question, I'll try to make a list out of it and answer them in order

1. Where I can find updated information upon how to install a small cluster in Azure?
    This would consist of 2 steps. First you need to deploy your own Cloudbreak Installation. We have a tool for that called cbd.
    I would advise to follow one of our quick start guides: https://github.com/hortonworks/azure-cbd-quickstart
    The second step is once you have Cloudbreak running, you can start creating your clusters.
  2. Is it possible to store the parameters and be able to launch the cluster on Azure at will without having to spend a lot of time configuring the same things?
    You can easily reproduce an HDP cluster once you did the initial configuration. You just need to save the cluster descriptor json and feed that to one of our APIs.
  3. Do you know if there is a way to launch already preconfigured clusters from a blueprint?
    Yes, Cloudbreak comes with Default Ambari blueprints built in. These blueprint define what services should be installed on the Cluster. You can also specify custom blueprints if you are not satisfied with the built in ones.
  4. Say for example that I have a script which automatically provides 5 or 6 VMs on Azure and then launce HDP automatically?
    You don't need to fiddle with custom scripts, cloudbreak can provision machines, networks,disk, anything that is needed for a cluster.