Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

[Solved] Expected state FINISHED, but found ERROR when executing a query

Expert Contributor

Hello I got just this error without logs when executing a query though HUE: Expected state FINISHED, but found ERROR.

This happens just with one user, when I try the same query with another user with the same groups etc I have no errors, when I check log tab, I found it empty.Any idea about how to solve this?

Update: When I execute the query from hive it works with all users so should be a problem with HUE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Finally the problem was solved... we dont really now what happened because the only change in the config was the yarn schedules, after changing it again the we think that was just a yarn schedules missconfig, but apparently the logs didn't say anything about it.

Thank you everyone and an apology for the delay in the answer.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

whats the name of the user that is getting this error?

Expert Contributor

The username is pt0034 I'm currently trying with a new user called test-user with all the groups etc.. and doesnt work either.

did you change any config? how did you add the user pt0034?

Could you start the query again and monitor the hiveserver2.log file (/var/log/hive/...) and check whether some errors show up.

Master Mentor

can you provide the logs?

Master Mentor

@Juan Manuel Nieto has this been resolved? Can you post your solution?

Expert Contributor

Finally the problem was solved... we dont really now what happened because the only change in the config was the yarn schedules, after changing it again the we think that was just a yarn schedules missconfig, but apparently the logs didn't say anything about it.

Thank you everyone and an apology for the delay in the answer.

Master Mentor

@Juan Manuel Nieto Thanks for the final followup!!