Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Training material on coursera

Explorer

I started the Cloudera training a few years back, but did not complete it.
As technologies have change over the years, is the Cloudera training on Coursera still relevant to study Cloudera's current offerings?

If not, does Cloudera have plans to do anything with the materials on Coursera at this point ?

Are there systems to replace the Cloudera VM for the training lessons on Coursera which may or may not come from Cloudera ?

7 REPLIES 7

Community Manager

@miked, Welcome to our community! To help you get the best possible answer, I have tagged our training experts @Dgati  who may be able to assist you further.

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Explorer

Good day Vidya, 
My question was only referred to you at this time with no suggestions or ideas.

1. Is the training on Coursera, which I have enjoyed and plan to complete, relevant to current Cloudera offerings?

2. I found a Cloudera link to download a virtualbox vm for an outdated system. Are there currently any other VMs available, possibly for VMware ?

Explorer

@Dgati   ?
Does Cloudera have any interest in updating their offerings on Coursera?

Is there a repository to find virtual machines for attempting to complete the Cloudera course on Coursera ?

Will anyone actually read this post, or just mark it resolved and close the string without any sign or effort to read the thread?

Expert Contributor

Hi miked,

I had done those courses on coursera quiet a while ago. I would suggest you to still go through the training to get your concepts clear however if you talk bout the relevance then yes it is still relevant but the new offering are definitely not present so you will have to do self-study or join Cloudera webinars to gain knowledge on those areas.  

If you find my suggestion useful then please do reply.

Community Manager

Hi @miked. @Dgati is out of the office so I've emailed our internal training team for an answer to your questions. Thanks for your patience. 

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

Community Manager

@miked, our team just confirmed that the courses are still relevant.  Regarding your queries on Virtual Machines, please see this post on Cloudera Quickstart VM Download.

Hope this helps. 

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Explorer

I do not want to be harsh, but I do not know better ways to show my disappointment with your support.

All I wanted was to locate VMs for use with training and you failed on multiple occasions to point me to the site. 

Instead, I get links with limited explanations, or replied asking me if the problem was solved with no prior attempts to answer the questions.

I did get that the training was relevant, but that was it and all that I now expect.
I have no confidence that those who replied even checked the information about which I inquired.

If there is not time to answer the question, then do not answer the question with half hearted responses. I looks bad for a company I once had interest  and thought well of. 

You can mark this closed and unresolved as you have not answered the question and I no longer care to hear from your support team. 

I have wasted enough time for what should be a simple answer.