Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Upgrade custom Ambari service separately

How can I upgrade a custom Ambari service independently from HDP and other services? Let's say the third-party service has a new version that runs on the same HDP version. It seems that on the Ambari Web UI I can only upgrade/downgrade to HDP versions. I've checked the code for other services (like HBase), but I think it's upgraded only when the whole cluster is upgraded.

Is there an option for this like for Cloudera parcels? Or should I manually copy the new service version to the cluster, stop and delete the original, and add the new version on the Web UI?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

There is no option to upgrade only individual components in Ambari, like HBase, and it's intentional because each distribution of HDP is created and tested so that components are compatible with each other. So, if you want to upgrade only your custom service I think you need to follow the manual procedure you suggested.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Guru

There is no option to upgrade only individual components in Ambari, like HBase, and it's intentional because each distribution of HDP is created and tested so that components are compatible with each other. So, if you want to upgrade only your custom service I think you need to follow the manual procedure you suggested.

Contributor

Hi Zslot,

I also have the same requirement. My custom service installed and working fine with ambari but have same question in my mind that how we can upgrade our custom service?

How are you dealing with it?

Thanks in advance ! @Zsolt Toth @Ali Bajwa