Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

User hbase is not allowed to impersonate hue

Explorer

Hello,

When trying to access Hbase through Hue i have this error in the log 

WARN org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel: handleException / org.apache.hadoop.security.authorize.AuthorizationException: User: hbase is not allowed to impersonate hue

knowing that i had set a Thrift Server instance on Hbase and it is running okay.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

@raniaa  You need to allow HBase impersonation in HDFS for HBase Browser to work. Here are the steps: https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/admin_hdfs_proxy_users.html

In summary you need to:

1. Enable hbase.thrift.support.proxyuser. CM > HBase > Configuration > Search: "hbase.thrift.support.proxyuser"
2. Allow all groups form all hosts in HDFS. CM > HDFS > “Cluster-wide Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for core-site.xml”
hadoop.proxyuser.hbase.hosts
hadoop.proxyuser.hbase.groups

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Guru

@raniaa  You need to allow HBase impersonation in HDFS for HBase Browser to work. Here are the steps: https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/admin_hdfs_proxy_users.html

In summary you need to:

1. Enable hbase.thrift.support.proxyuser. CM > HBase > Configuration > Search: "hbase.thrift.support.proxyuser"
2. Allow all groups form all hosts in HDFS. CM > HDFS > “Cluster-wide Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for core-site.xml”
hadoop.proxyuser.hbase.hosts
hadoop.proxyuser.hbase.groups

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Explorer

Thank you @GangWar i tried these steps before and turns out that i had been modifying these parameters in the wrong core-site.xml file , it works just fine now 😉