Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

remote instance indicate that port is not in a valid state nifi cluster

I have to get multiple files remotely and than need to distribute these on my cluster for every node.The data must be inconsistent.

The Picture currently running in fiveMinuteDataProcessor :- The single file getting processed on every node so there is multiple entry created in mysql.

Please guide me to go through right path to get my work done. Thank you in advance

40555-screenshot-from-2017-09-27-175320.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Mentor

@pawan soni

Is the UI of the NiFi instance running on Node 1 reachable via port 9090?

The RPG reports some communication issues there. This may have just been the result of node 1 restart?

The invalid state message indicates the state of your Remote Process Group is Enabled ( 39582-screen-shot-2017-09-27-at-90925-am.png ); however, the Remote Input Port is stopped (thus an invalid state for data transfer).

Either start the "From File" input port or "disable that port in your RPG to get rid of this ERROR.

Thanks,

Matt

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Super Mentor

@pawan soni

Is the UI of the NiFi instance running on Node 1 reachable via port 9090?

The RPG reports some communication issues there. This may have just been the result of node 1 restart?

The invalid state message indicates the state of your Remote Process Group is Enabled ( 39582-screen-shot-2017-09-27-at-90925-am.png ); however, the Remote Input Port is stopped (thus an invalid state for data transfer).

Either start the "From File" input port or "disable that port in your RPG to get rid of this ERROR.

Thanks,

Matt

Yes node 1 is reachable

Super Mentor

@pawan soni

Did you resolve your invalidate state by starting your "From File" input port?

Your screenshot shows the RPG as "Enable transmission" and the input port as "stopped".

Thanks,

Matt