Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Can't access Datanode in HDP 3.01 Sandbox from client tool (creating zero byte files)

New Contributor

Hello,

I downloaded and imported an HDP 3.01 sandbox into Virtualbox 6.1. When I try to write to HDFS, I can connect to the Namenode, but I'm creating zero-byte files because my client can't directly access the Namenode in the HDP Sandbox from my Windows client (could only be replicated to 0 nodes instead of minReplication (=1))

This is happening because the Namenode creates a filehandle when I try to write the file, returns the URI of the Datanode to my client, but my client can't access the URI. I read this related article on how to resolve this for HDP 2.5 and determined the changes I needed to do for HDP 3.0.1 (adding a port for the Datanode 50010) as follows:

cd /sandbox/proxy
vi proxy-deploy.sh

So I understand that I need to create a route from my Windows host to the docker container in the Sandbox. I've done that - but the problem I'm running into is that the docker container's network is DOWN (#5) in the list below:

image.png

Questions:

(1) Should the docker network be DOWN?
(2) If not, how do I repair the network so I can access it from the Windows client?

Network properties:

WillM_0-1592011198272.png

WillM_1-1592011222493.png

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

Resolved by recreating the HDP 3.0.1 Sandbox, and following the instructions on the Help page. Scroll down to 

Open a port for custom use

https://www.cloudera.com/tutorials/learning-the-ropes-of-the-hdp-sandbox.html#appendix-c-determine-n...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

New Contributor

Resolved by recreating the HDP 3.0.1 Sandbox, and following the instructions on the Help page. Scroll down to 

Open a port for custom use

https://www.cloudera.com/tutorials/learning-the-ropes-of-the-hdp-sandbox.html#appendix-c-determine-n...