Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cant run hadoop commands on hortonwork sandbox

Explorer

Hi,

I have downlaoded and install sandbox on my windows 10 machine. I can connect it to it by SSH as root user. However, I acnt run hadoop commands on that. for example when I run "hadoop fs -ls"..it prompts bash hadoop command not found!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Lucky_Luke

Heya, can you verify that through putty you connected to port 2222? I suspect you may have connected to port 2122 or to something other than the sandbox container layer.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@Lucky_Luke

Can you run the command `sandbox-version` to see which version of the sandbox you're on? I suspect your on the VM hosting the sandbox and not the sandbox itself. What was the SSH command you ran to connect?

Explorer

hi, i'm using putty to get ssh..user is root password is hadoop, when i run sandbox-version, it prompts /usr/bin/sandbox: Requires an SELinux enabled system

@Lucky_Luke

Heya, can you verify that through putty you connected to port 2222? I suspect you may have connected to port 2122 or to something other than the sandbox container layer.

Explorer

hi, i'm doing ssh so can't connect to port 2222. i am connecting to port 22

@Lucky_Luke

Through putty you can specify the port you want to connect to. This might be an outdated image, but see the top right of this image that makes available a "Port" field.

14262-putty-7.jpg

Explorer

yes, thanks it work now