Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudbreak fail install on Azure

Rising Star

Hi everyone,

I have a cloudbreak instance running on a vm installed with cloudbreak-deployer and I can't create a cluster on Azure with it.

Note that this is not a probleme on Azure side because I succefully create a cluster with the host version of cloudbreak (with the same credential) (https://cloudbreak.sequenceiq.com/).

Here is the message error :

com.microsoft.azure.storage.StorageException: Server failed to authenticate the request. Make sure the value of Authorization header is formed correctly including the signature. 

The cloudbreak on my vm : local version:1.3.0-master-21fe5db

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hi @Arthur GREVIN, master branch is the development version so i don't suggest it for normal usage. Latest version is 1.2.2 and you should downgrade by executing command below.

cbd update release-1.2.2

Let me know if the issue still alive on latest version (in that case i need more information about what kind of storage did you select, i would be glad to read full logs about the case).

If you are a developer please feel free to join us on Github and/or open a ticket about the problem and the possible solutions.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Super Collaborator

Hi @Arthur GREVIN, master branch is the development version so i don't suggest it for normal usage. Latest version is 1.2.2 and you should downgrade by executing command below.

cbd update release-1.2.2

Let me know if the issue still alive on latest version (in that case i need more information about what kind of storage did you select, i would be glad to read full logs about the case).

If you are a developer please feel free to join us on Github and/or open a ticket about the problem and the possible solutions.

Rising Star

Hi, @rkovacs

I don't have the problem when I downgrade to the latest version 1.2.2. So I think it is related to the last master version.

Here is the complete error logs. I am going to submit an issue about that on github too.

cloudbreak_1 | com.sequenceiq.cloudbreak.cloud.exception.CloudConnectorException: com.microsoft.azure.storage.StorageException: Server failed to authenticate the request. Make sure the value of Authorization header is formed correctly including the signature.
cloudbreak_1 |  at com.sequenceiq.cloudbreak.cloud.arm.ArmSetup.prepareImage(ArmSetup.java:86) ~[cloud-arm-1.2.5.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at com.sequenceiq.cloudbreak.cloud.handler.PrepareImageHandler.accept(PrepareImageHandler.java:46) ~[cloud-reactor-1.2.5.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at com.sequenceiq.cloudbreak.cloud.handler.PrepareImageHandler.accept(PrepareImageHandler.java:21) ~[cloud-reactor-1.2.5.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor250.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[na:1.7.0_79]
cloudbreak_1 |  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) ~[na:1.7.0_79]
cloudbreak_1 |  at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:302) ~[spring-aop-4.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:4.2.4.RELEASE]
cloudbreak_1 |  at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:190) ~[spring-aop-4.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:4.2.4.RELEASE]
cloudbreak_1 |  at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:157) ~[spring-aop-4.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:4.2.4.RELEASE]
cloudbreak_1 |  at org.springframework.aop.framework.adapter.MethodBeforeAdviceInterceptor.invoke(MethodBeforeAdviceInterceptor.java:52) ~[spring-aop-4.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:4.2.4.RELEASE]
cloudbreak_1 |  at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:179) ~[spring-aop-4.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:4.2.4.RELEASE]
cloudbreak_1 |  at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:92) ~[spring-aop-4.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:4.2.4.RELEASE]
cloudbreak_1 |  at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:179) ~[spring-aop-4.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:4.2.4.RELEASE]
cloudbreak_1 |  at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:208) ~[spring-aop-4.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:4.2.4.RELEASE]
cloudbreak_1 |  at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy199.accept(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at reactor.bus.EventBus$3.accept(EventBus.java:317) [reactor-bus-2.0.7.RELEASE.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at reactor.bus.EventBus$3.accept(EventBus.java:310) [reactor-bus-2.0.7.RELEASE.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at reactor.bus.routing.ConsumerFilteringRouter.route(ConsumerFilteringRouter.java:72) [reactor-bus-2.0.7.RELEASE.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at reactor.bus.routing.TraceableDelegatingRouter.route(TraceableDelegatingRouter.java:51) [reactor-bus-2.0.7.RELEASE.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at reactor.bus.EventBus.accept(EventBus.java:591) [reactor-bus-2.0.7.RELEASE.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at reactor.bus.EventBus.accept(EventBus.java:63) [reactor-bus-2.0.7.RELEASE.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at reactor.core.dispatch.AbstractLifecycleDispatcher.route(AbstractLifecycleDispatcher.java:160) [reactor-core-2.0.7.RELEASE.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at reactor.core.dispatch.MultiThreadDispatcher$MultiThreadTask.run(MultiThreadDispatcher.java:74) [reactor-core-2.0.7.RELEASE.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) [na:1.7.0_79]
cloudbreak_1 |  at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) [na:1.7.0_79]
cloudbreak_1 |  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [na:1.7.0_79]
cloudbreak_1 | Caused by: com.microsoft.azure.storage.StorageException: Server failed to authenticate the request. Make sure the value of Authorization header is formed correctly including the signature.
cloudbreak_1 |  at com.microsoft.azure.storage.StorageException.translateFromHttpStatus(StorageException.java:175) ~[azure-storage-4.0.0.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at com.microsoft.azure.storage.StorageException.translateException(StorageException.java:94) ~[azure-storage-4.0.0.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at com.microsoft.azure.storage.core.StorageRequest.materializeException(StorageRequest.java:305) ~[azure-storage-4.0.0.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at com.microsoft.azure.storage.core.ExecutionEngine.executeWithRetry(ExecutionEngine.java:175) ~[azure-storage-4.0.0.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at com.microsoft.azure.storage.blob.CloudBlobContainer.exists(CloudBlobContainer.java:717) ~[azure-storage-4.0.0.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at com.microsoft.azure.storage.blob.CloudBlobContainer.createIfNotExists(CloudBlobContainer.java:328) ~[azure-storage-4.0.0.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at com.microsoft.azure.storage.blob.CloudBlobContainer.createIfNotExists(CloudBlobContainer.java:304) ~[azure-storage-4.0.0.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at com.microsoft.azure.storage.blob.CloudBlobContainer$createIfNotExists.call(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at com.sequenceiq.cloud.azure.client.AzureRMClient.createContainerInStorage(AzureRMClient.groovy:270) ~[azure-rest-client-0.1.56.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at com.sequenceiq.cloudbreak.cloud.arm.ArmSetup.prepareImage(ArmSetup.java:79) ~[cloud-arm-1.2.5.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  ... 25 common frames omitted

Thank you for your help.

Rising Star

Hi, @rkovacs

I don't have the problem when I downgrade to the latest version 1.2.2. So I think it is related to the last master version.

Here is the complete error logs. I am going to submit an issue about that on github too.

cloudbreak_1 | com.sequenceiq.cloudbreak.cloud.exception.CloudConnectorException: com.microsoft.azure.storage.StorageException: Server failed to authenticate the request. Make sure the value of Authorization header is formed correctly including the signature.
cloudbreak_1 |  at com.sequenceiq.cloudbreak.cloud.arm.ArmSetup.prepareImage(ArmSetup.java:86) ~[cloud-arm-1.2.5.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at com.sequenceiq.cloudbreak.cloud.handler.PrepareImageHandler.accept(PrepareImageHandler.java:46) ~[cloud-reactor-1.2.5.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at com.sequenceiq.cloudbreak.cloud.handler.PrepareImageHandler.accept(PrepareImageHandler.java:21) ~[cloud-reactor-1.2.5.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor250.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[na:1.7.0_79]
cloudbreak_1 |  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) ~[na:1.7.0_79]
cloudbreak_1 |  at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:302) ~[spring-aop-4.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:4.2.4.RELEASE]
cloudbreak_1 |  at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:190) ~[spring-aop-4.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:4.2.4.RELEASE]
cloudbreak_1 |  at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:157) ~[spring-aop-4.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:4.2.4.RELEASE]
cloudbreak_1 |  at org.springframework.aop.framework.adapter.MethodBeforeAdviceInterceptor.invoke(MethodBeforeAdviceInterceptor.java:52) ~[spring-aop-4.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:4.2.4.RELEASE]
cloudbreak_1 |  at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:92) ~[spring-aop-4.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:4.2.4.RELEASE]
cloudbreak_1 |  at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:208) ~[spring-aop-4.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:4.2.4.RELEASE]
cloudbreak_1 |  at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy199.accept(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at reactor.bus.EventBus$3.accept(EventBus.java:317) [reactor-bus-2.0.7.RELEASE.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at reactor.bus.EventBus$3.accept(EventBus.java:310) [reactor-bus-2.0.7.RELEASE.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at reactor.bus.routing.ConsumerFilteringRouter.route(ConsumerFilteringRouter.java:72) [reactor-bus-2.0.7.RELEASE.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at reactor.bus.routing.TraceableDelegatingRouter.route(TraceableDelegatingRouter.java:51) [reactor-bus-2.0.7.RELEASE.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at reactor.bus.EventBus.accept(EventBus.java:591) [reactor-bus-2.0.7.RELEASE.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at reactor.bus.EventBus.accept(EventBus.java:63) [reactor-bus-2.0.7.RELEASE.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at reactor.core.dispatch.AbstractLifecycleDispatcher.route(AbstractLifecycleDispatcher.java:160) [reactor-core-2.0.7.RELEASE.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at reactor.core.dispatch.MultiThreadDispatcher$MultiThreadTask.run(MultiThreadDispatcher.java:74) [reactor-core-2.0.7.RELEASE.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) [na:1.7.0_79]
cloudbreak_1 |  at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) [na:1.7.0_79]
cloudbreak_1 |  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [na:1.7.0_79]
cloudbreak_1 | Caused by: com.microsoft.azure.storage.StorageException: Server failed to authenticate the request. Make sure the value of Authorization header is formed correctly including the signature.
cloudbreak_1 |  at com.microsoft.azure.storage.StorageException.translateFromHttpStatus(StorageException.java:175) ~[azure-storage-4.0.0.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at com.microsoft.azure.storage.StorageException.translateException(StorageException.java:94) ~[azure-storage-4.0.0.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at com.microsoft.azure.storage.core.StorageRequest.materializeException(StorageRequest.java:305) ~[azure-storage-4.0.0.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at com.microsoft.azure.storage.core.ExecutionEngine.executeWithRetry(ExecutionEngine.java:175) ~[azure-storage-4.0.0.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at com.microsoft.azure.storage.blob.CloudBlobContainer.exists(CloudBlobContainer.java:717) ~[azure-storage-4.0.0.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at com.microsoft.azure.storage.blob.CloudBlobContainer.createIfNotExists(CloudBlobContainer.java:328) ~[azure-storage-4.0.0.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at com.microsoft.azure.storage.blob.CloudBlobContainer.createIfNotExists(CloudBlobContainer.java:304) ~[azure-storage-4.0.0.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at com.microsoft.azure.storage.blob.CloudBlobContainer$createIfNotExists.call(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at com.sequenceiq.cloud.azure.client.AzureRMClient.createContainerInStorage(AzureRMClient.groovy:270) ~[azure-rest-client-0.1.56.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  at com.sequenceiq.cloudbreak.cloud.arm.ArmSetup.prepareImage(ArmSetup.java:79) ~[cloud-arm-1.2.5.jar!/:na]
cloudbreak_1 |  ... 25 common frames omitted

Thank you for your help.