Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Getting "500 status code received on POST method for API" in ambari while trying to install Kerberos

Rising Star
  • Ambari version 2.1 & HDP 2.3.0
  • Operation: Installing Kerberos With AD KDC
  • The error I get in Ambari, more precisely in step 3 and while performing Test Client:

500 status codereceived on POST method for API: /api/v1/clusters/HdpCluster/requests

Error message: Server Error
  • Ambari-server log:

23 Dec 2015 21:53:30,301 ERROR [pool-2-thread-1] AmbariJpaLocalTxnInterceptor:114 - [DETAILED ERROR] Rollback reason: Local Exception Stack:

Exception [EclipseLink-4002] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.5.2.v20140319-9ad6abd): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException Internal Exception: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException:

ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "uni_alert_group_name"

Error Code: 0

Call: INSERT INTO alert_group (group_id, cluster_id, group_name, is_default, service_name) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?) bind =>

[5 parameters bound] at

org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException.sqlException(DatabaseException.java:340) at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.databaseaccess.DatabaseAccessor.processExceptionForCommError(DatabaseAccessor.java:1611)

Any clue on how to solve this issue ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

backup your Ambari database, go to your Ambari database, delete the old entry in the alert_group table that matches the error.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Master Mentor

backup your Ambari database, go to your Ambari database, delete the old entry in the alert_group table that matches the error.

Rising Star

@Artem Ervits Thank you, this solved part of the problem. However, now I am getting another error (the same 500 status code and still in the same step):

24 Dec 2015 12:58:35,191  INFO [qtp-client-52] AmbariManagementControllerImpl:3230 - Received action execution request, clusterName=HdpCluster, request=isCommand :true, action :null, command :KERBEROS_SERVICE_CHECK, inputs :{}, resourceFilters: [RequestResourceFilter{serviceName='KERBEROS', componentName='null', hostNames=[]}], exclusive: false, clusterName :HdpCluster
24 Dec 2015 12:58:35,934 ERROR [qtp-client-52] BaseManagementHandler:66 - Caught a runtime exception while attempting to create a resource
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.ambari.server.actionmanager.ActionDBAccessorImpl.persistActions(ActionDBAccessorImpl.java:265)
        at org.apache.ambari.server.orm.AmbariJpaLocalTxnInterceptor.invoke(AmbariJpaLocalTxnInterceptor.java:68)

I googled this error, and people propose to include the ambari server as a cluster member host (i.e. have an agent running side-by-side with the ambari server on the same machine). Is this really the unique solution ? I tried adding a new host in the ambari wizard (to add the ambari server itself to the list of hosts), then I got this error while registring the host ... :

INFO 2015-12-24 13:11:20,282 NetUtil.py:59 - Connecting to https://ambari-server.example.com:8440/ca
ERROR 2015-12-24 13:11:20,379 NetUtil.py:77 - [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:590)
ERROR 2015-12-24 13:11:20,380 NetUtil.py:78 - SSLError: Failed to connect. Please check openssl library versions. 

I am running Oracle JDK on the ambari server:

cat /etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari.properties

java.home=/usr/jdk64/jdk1.7.0_67 
server.jdbc.postgres.schema=ambari 
jdk.name=jdk-7u67-linux-x64.tar.gz

Your help is much appreciated !

Master Mentor

also for the future, try to tag your posts with more general tags, so instead of ambari-2.1.0, tag with "Ambari" that way we have people following the Ambari topics notified of your questions.

Rising Star

Ok ! Thank you

Master Mentor

is your server name really ambari-server.example.com? Confirm by going to /etc/ambari-agent/conf/ambari-agent.ini and check under ambari host property. Set it to whatever the node name is. You can get FQDN of the node by running "hostname -f".

Rising Star

Actually, I changed it. My real FQDN is manager.cluster.mediatvcom

My FQDN is correct, it figures out in [server] section of amabri-agent.ini. While registring I can see this message:

WARNING 2015-12-24 15:24:52,405 NetUtil.py:105 - Server at https://manager.cluster.mediatvcom:8440 is not reachable, sleeping for 10 seconds...

The port 8440 is open, The ambari-agent is collocated with the ambari server, but while registering, the Confirm Hosts step always fails in the Add Host Wizard... Do you think it is related to SSL ? 😞

Master Mentor

try localhost instead? Also, check the version of openssl package on your OS and confirm with the Ambari version you're using in our guides. If other nodes connect successfully, confirm the openssl version on those hosts matches this host.

Rising Star
rpm -qa | grep openssl
openssl-1.0.1e-42.el6.x86_64

I have this version running on all my hosts.

The documentation says: We should run OpenSSL (v1.01, build 16 or later). So it is fine since 42 > 16. So it should be fine 🙂

Yes all my nodes run successfully the ambari-agent.

I just upgraded the OpenSSL version running on the ambari server to openssl-1.0.1e-42.el6_7.1.x86_64, but still does not work...

I just figured out, in the last comment raised by @gaurav sharma

https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/145/op...

we are running into the same issue :(.

Master Mentor

it does say in the post you reference that user enabled Oracle JDK 1.8, have you tried that? Here's documentation to change JDK http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.2.0.0/bk_ambari_reference_guide/content/ch_changin...