Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Oozie Installation Issue

Solved Go to solution

Oozie Installation Issue

New Contributor

I am attempting to install HDP 2.3.4 for Windows and have encountered the following error:

"OOZIE: Configuring service config d:\hdp\oozie-4.2.0.2.3.4.0-3485\Service\oozieservice.xml

OOZIE: Updating file d:\hdp\oozie-4.2.0.2.3.4.0-3485\Service\oozieservice.xml to point to executable d:\hdp\oozie-4.2.0.2.3.4.0-3485\oozie-win-distro\bin\oozied.cmd

OOZIE: Copy Oozie additional Jars

OOZIE: Calling Setup script to add Hadoop libs to the generated oozie.war file Creating OOZIE_TEMP directory 'D:\hdp\oozie-4.2.0.2.3.4.0-3485\oozie-win-distro\temp' 'D:\Java\bin\jar.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

I'm not a Java expert, but I did a fairly standard Java install per the installation instructions and there is no "jar.exe" file anywhere in my installation. I have checked other machines and I don't believe jar.exe is part of the current build. I have double checked my Path variable and it has a reference to "d\java" and "d\java\bin". I'm running out of ideas.

Any suggestions how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Oozie Installation Issue

New Contributor

Solution: I had installed both JDK and JRE to the same folder (D:\Java) and for some reason the jar.exe gets blown away. I uninstalled and retinstalled the two Java programs to different folders (with no spaces) and got "jar.exe" and the installation completed successfully.

4 REPLIES 4

Mentor

@Todd Smyth from many questions on HCC, usually an Oozie failure on Windows is due to derby database. replace derby with SQL Server and try again.

New Contributor
@Artem Ervits

Thanks for the tip. I tried using SQL Server databases rather than derby and ended up with the same oozie java error unfortunately.

New Contributor

If it is important, I installed jdk-8u73-windows-x64. I used the default settings except to change the insall path to "d:\java". Also, in command prompt "java -version" works properly.

New Contributor

Solution: I had installed both JDK and JRE to the same folder (D:\Java) and for some reason the jar.exe gets blown away. I uninstalled and retinstalled the two Java programs to different folders (with no spaces) and got "jar.exe" and the installation completed successfully.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here