Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to open File View from Ambari UI

Rising Star

I am unable to open File View from Ambari UI due to failure in hdfs service check. The error which i am getting is "fs.defaultFS" is not configured. The value of this property is already present in cores-site.xml but it is not work out.

is there anyplace else as well where i need to mention this property in addition to core-site.xml?

Thanks

Rahul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@rahul gulati

Local/Remote cluster configuration can be done at the View Level. As mentioned in :

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.4.0.0/bk_ambari-administration/content/registerin...

- Once a remote cluster is configured then you can create view instances to use that remote cluster like:

"manage ambari" --> View ---> File --> Create instance.

12520-remote-cluster-used-in-fileview.png

As in the above image you can see that i am using "ErieClusterRemote" a remote cluster for my file View. By default the default view instance uses "Local Cluster".

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Rising Star

Master Mentor

@rahul gulati

HDFS --> config (Tab) --> Advanced (sub Tab) Open the "Advanced core-site"

there you will find the value of "fs.defaultFS"

12519-hdfs-defaultfs.png

Also can you please share the value (instance property) of your FileView?

are you using webhdfs:// there?

Rising Star

@Jay SenSharma

I can see the value and the value is also correct. I tried connecting to hdfs using the same URI from Namenode and Edge Node and it is working. I am not sure why Ambari is not able to recognize that.

Thanks

Master Mentor

@rahul gulati

Do you see a more detailed error/exception in any of the following file?

"/var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log" OR "/var/log/ambari-server/files-view/files-view.log "

Rising Star

@Jay SenSharma

Error logs from ambari-server.log are below

16 Feb 2017 06:13:39,297 ERROR [ambari-client-thread-6610] ContainerResponse:537 - Mapped exception to response: 500 (Internal Server Error) org.apache.ambari.view.commons.exceptions.ServiceFormattedException at org.apache.ambari.view.commons.hdfs.HdfsService.getApi(HdfsService.java:95) at org.apache.ambari.view.commons.hdfs.UserService.homeDir(UserService.java:56) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.JavaMethodInvokerFactory$1.invoke(JavaMethodInvokerFactory.java:60) at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.model.method.dispatch.AbstractResourceMethodDispatchProvider$ResponseOutInvoker._dispatch(AbstractResourceMetho dDispatchProvider.java:205) at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.model.method.dispatch.ResourceJavaMethodDispatcher.dispatch(ResourceJavaMethodDispatcher.java:75) at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.HttpMethodRule.accept(HttpMethodRule.java:302) at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.RightHandPathRule.accept(RightHandPathRule.java:147) at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.SubLocatorRule.accept(SubLocatorRule.java:137) at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.RightHandPathRule.accept(RightHandPathRule.java:147) at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.SubLocatorRule.accept(SubLocatorRule.java:137) at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.RightHandPathRule.accept(RightHandPathRule.java:147) at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.SubLocatorRule.accept(SubLocatorRule.java:137) at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.RightHandPathRule.accept(RightHandPathRule.java:147) at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.SubLocatorRule.accept(SubLocatorRule.java:137)

Expert Contributor

@rahul gulati Which version of Ambari? Is your cluster kerberized? Is Ambari SSL enabled? Is this on local Ambari Cluster? Can you share all setting from your FileView

Rising Star
@Kashif Khan

Ambari Versio is 2.4.2.0. Cluster is not kerberized. Ambari cluster is on 4 Azure VM's.

Thanks

Master Mentor

@rahul gulati

From ambari 2.4 onwards it ambari view is more enhanced and it should be able to populate most of the values on its own. Specially when the "Local Cluster" option is choosen while configuring a new View Instance.

- Are you using Local Cluster or Remote/Custom option?

- According to : https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.4.2.0/bk_ambari-views/content/Cluster_Configurati...

The Local Ambari Managed Cluster Configuration option is enabled in the Ambari Administration Interface if you are managing a cluster with Ambari. When enabled, you can choose this option and Ambari will automatically configure the view based on how the cluster is configured.

When you configure the view using the Local option, the Files View will communicate with HDFS based on the fs.defaultFS property (for example: hdfs://namenode:8020). The View will also determine if NameNode HA is configured and adjust accordingly.

Rising Star

@Jay SenSharma

I understood that. I am managing cluster using Ambari and i deployed the same using Ambari as well.(4 Node). But is there a separate way to identify if it is a local or Remote?

Because as mentioned in link, in case of local cluster File View should be able to communicate with HDFS on its own.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Rahul