Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Zero Byte Error with PUTSFTP. Is there a way to send Zero byte Flow file through PutSFTP?

Contributor

Hi, 

I got a problem while sending a Zero Byte flow file through Nifi PutSFTP processor. Wondering if there is some configuration I have to set? thanks.

Use case: 

get a file from a directory (GetFile Processor) 

send the file through SFTP (PutSFTP Processor)

if success, change the filename to new filename (UpdateAttribute Processor)

Remove the all of the content (ReplaceText Processor). Zero Byte flow file 

send the new filename through SFTP (PutSFTP Processor)

I gotten this error while sending Zero Byte flow file over using PutSFTP Processor

PutSFTP[id=1a091db4-1f9e-14cd-5206-1514485febc8] Rejecting StandardFlowFileRecord[uuid=247457a8-6608-4271-a626-3c016a1bbe7c,claim=StandardContentClaim [resourceClaim=StandardResourceClaim[id=1618805512561-40, container=default, section=40], offset=15043, length=0],offset=0,name=AS_MPS_20200927_010010.xml.done,size=0] because it is zero bytes

Capture.JPG 

It will be great if someone could help me. 

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Mentor

@techNerd 

The PutSFTP processor contains the following configuration property:

MattWho_0-1623157618683.png

Do you have that set to false on the particular putSFTP processor throwing the exception?

Thanks,

Matt

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Mentor

@techNerd 

Details around your use case would be helpful here.  The putSFTP processor is designed to write FlowFile content to a target SFTP server location.  If you have no content to write, there is nothing for it to do.

Thanks,
Matt

Super Mentor

@techNerd 

The PutSFTP processor contains the following configuration property:

MattWho_0-1623157618683.png

Do you have that set to false on the particular putSFTP processor throwing the exception?

Thanks,

Matt