Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Anaconda parcels - installing new package, using conda?

Explorer

Hi there,

I've installed successfullly the anaconda parcel but how do I installed new packages on this distrib  ? I mean, how do I use conda?

Should I add conda to PATH, if so where is by default ? The documentation is not clear 😞

Thx for help,

Mehdi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

Yeah I already had a look over there.

So I solved this by adding to my PATH, the ../cloudera/parcels/Anaconda/bin:$PATH"

After I was able to use conda command and pip install BUT when installing a new package, it doesn't install to the cluster, so need to manually install on each machine...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Master Guru

Explorer

Yeah I already had a look over there.

So I solved this by adding to my PATH, the ../cloudera/parcels/Anaconda/bin:$PATH"

After I was able to use conda command and pip install BUT when installing a new package, it doesn't install to the cluster, so need to manually install on each machine...

Explorer

Thanks, I have the same problem.

Could anyone explain if it is correct to manually install new packages on every node ?

Is this a functionality you aquire with commercial Anaconda only?

Thanks

Contributor

I am able to do this by running (or adding this to your ~/.bashrc)

export PATH=/opt/cloudera/parcels/Anaconda/bin:$PATH

After this conda, pip, and python commands all defaulted to the Anaconda version. 

New Contributor

Hi,

Does this PATH variable need adding to every node in the Cluster where the parcels have been delivered?

Contributor

Putting Anaconda's bin in front of $PATH is a bit dangerous thing to do. It contains binaries like iconv, curl so you suddenly end calling them instead or original ones ....

Expert Contributor
Hi,
What do you suggest instead to overcome this issue? I mean being able to use something like ansible and ask all the node to run conda install ... ?

Contributor

put it at the end of  $PATH  .....