Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

add grid datanode

Explorer

Grid.PNG

- /grid/1/
- /grid/2/
- /grid/3/
- /grid/4/
- /grid/5/

Attached image where I don't know how to add those routes if someone can help me.

Greetings

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

It depends what you want to change:

If you want just to add additional disks in all nodes follow this: 

Best way to create partitions like /grid/0/hadoop/hdfs/data - /grid/10/hadoop/hdfs/data and mount them to new formatted disks (its one of recommendation parameters for hdfs data mounts but you can change it):

/dev/sda1 /grid/0 ext4 inode_readahead_blks=128,commit=30,data=writeback,noatime,nodiratime,nodev,nobarrier 0 0
/dev/sdb1 /grid/1 ext4 inode_readahead_blks=128,commit=30,data=writeback,noatime,nodiratime,nodev,nobarrier 0 0
/dev/sdc1 /grid/2 ext4 inode_readahead_blks=128,commit=30,data=writeback,noatime,nodiratime,nodev,nobarrier 0 0

After that just add all partitions paths in hdfs configs like:

/grid/0/hadoop/hdfs/data,/grid/1/hadoop/hdfs/data,/grid/2/hadoop/hdfs/data

But dont delete existed partition from configuration because you will lost data from block which stored in  /hadoop/hdfs/data.

Path dont really matter just keep them separately and dont forget to make re-balance between disks.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Rising Star

You need to prepare and mount disks before setting this configuration:

Datanode directores:

/hadoop/hdfs/data/grid/1/

/hadoop/hdfs/data/grid/2/

/hadoop/hdfs/data/grid/3/

/hadoop/hdfs/data/grid/4/

/hadoop/hdfs/data/grid/5/

Explorer

Thank you very much for the information @goga , now I have a doubt, I modified according to what you told me, but it gives me error I have to make a format to the hdfs¿? I ask because when it was installed it was made in /hadoop/hdfs/data/ and now I finish modifying it /hadoop/hdfs/data/grid/1 but when I try to raise in ambari it gives error.

Rising Star

Its fresh installation or you want to change existed?

Explorer

Thanks for helping me @goga I explain you I have 2 environments, one of development where there is already an installation where the namenode has the path

Namenode
/hadoop/hdfs/namenode

Datanode
/hadoop/hdfs/data

and where I changed the new records
/hadoop/hdfs/data/grip1,/hadoop/hdfs/data2,etc. that's where I get error because when I try to modify it it doesn't start.

Then in the production environment which are 25 servers with the following structure

namenode
/hadoop/hdfs/namenode (2 1TB hard drives in raid 10)
/hadoop/hdfs/data/grip1/namenode

datanode
/hadoop/hdfs/data/grip1- /hadoop/hdfs/data/grip10 (10 hard drives with 2TB)

I don't know if you see my production distribution and development as correctly as I do. Thanks for the help.

Rising Star

It depends what you want to change:

If you want just to add additional disks in all nodes follow this: 

Best way to create partitions like /grid/0/hadoop/hdfs/data - /grid/10/hadoop/hdfs/data and mount them to new formatted disks (its one of recommendation parameters for hdfs data mounts but you can change it):

/dev/sda1 /grid/0 ext4 inode_readahead_blks=128,commit=30,data=writeback,noatime,nodiratime,nodev,nobarrier 0 0
/dev/sdb1 /grid/1 ext4 inode_readahead_blks=128,commit=30,data=writeback,noatime,nodiratime,nodev,nobarrier 0 0
/dev/sdc1 /grid/2 ext4 inode_readahead_blks=128,commit=30,data=writeback,noatime,nodiratime,nodev,nobarrier 0 0

After that just add all partitions paths in hdfs configs like:

/grid/0/hadoop/hdfs/data,/grid/1/hadoop/hdfs/data,/grid/2/hadoop/hdfs/data

But dont delete existed partition from configuration because you will lost data from block which stored in  /hadoop/hdfs/data.

Path dont really matter just keep them separately and dont forget to make re-balance between disks.